1. What got you into CrossFit?
– I joined Crossfit because I was looking for a challenging program to improve my ability to deal with a physically demanding job. Being assigned to the police departments Emergency Service Unit (which handles SWAT, Heavy Rescue, Haz-mat, Explosives) I need to always be at the top of my game, because you never know what your next assignment will be. I’ve trained in Martial Arts for years and was looking for that extra edge. I found it at Grassfed Crossfit. What I have discovered at Grassfed is that I am just 1 of many that want to be their best. Keep working hard Auroch Club!
2. What is/are the biggest changes you’ve noticed?
– Since starting Crossfit three years ago I have gotten stronger, faster and have improved my endurance far beyond that of my 20’s. AND I’ve learned that diet is key to all of this.
3. What do you enjoy most about CrossFit?
– Every day is a new challenge. There are so many variations of workouts that keep the programming fresh so your never bored.
4. What do you find the biggest challenge to be?
The biggest challenge is coming back from a recent injury. I learned that I can still get a great workout while modifying movements.
5. What would you say is your favorite movement and why?
– There are so many favorite movements, but I love training “Olympic” lifts most, there is a great sense of accomplishment when you hit a PR.
6. What would you say to someone who was hesitant to try CrossFit?
– “Don’t feel intimidated, give it a try, you’ll be glad you did.”
7. What challenges lie ahead that you’re most excited about?
– I’m looking forward to being injury free and rx’ing workouts again. I’ll be glad when I can do muscle-ups again.
8. What’s your ideal workout?
– My ideal workout is one that pushes me mentally as well as physically. “MURPH”is one of my favorite workouts. I recently did it. I was able to modify it using one arm while wearing a weighted backpack. I’m glad I was able to finish. Adaptive athletes have been able to do it while making no excuses, so I had no reason to.
9. Anything you would like to add/say?
– I would like to thank all the Grassfed coaches that have selected me to be the Athlete of the Month, it is truly a humbling honor. You guys are awesome!